Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Down to the wire

I spent yesterday morning calling McCain supporters to make sure they voted . In the afternoon I went to a rally downtown where Senator McCain and his friends and family spoke and got the faithful fired up .
Got in real late last night my energy is gone my body is exhausted and I think I'm done.
This week has been unbelievable thank god they only do this every four years.
I interviewed dozens of campaign workers to get an idea why they go through this craziness. The responses where varied some do it because they believe in the candidate . The staffers seem to do it for experience and a line on their resume'. The volunteers are the true believers they do it because they are civic minded and want a good leader and they believe McCain is their man.
I think when all is said and done the process by which we choose a leader is pretty rough on every one . I can compare it to giving birth the early part is uncomfortable but near the end it becomes painful and exhausting for every one. The finished product is a man or woman who is vetted and tried, scrutinized and examined ready for the office that holds so much power.
The other great thing about the Presidential process in this time is that every candidate is recorded and video taped and every word they say is written and archived electronicly.This process keeps them honest and brings everything the candidated says out in the open.
The Road is comming to an end for me I believe I will be working a campaign when we return it may be John McCain's campaign it may be someone else depending on how well the senator does in the rest of the primaries. For now I would like to go home and sleep in my own bed and see my kids and wife who have been very understanding through this whole ordeal.

No comments: